El Muelle de Olaso

El Muelle de Olaso


Located about 20 kilometers from the coast, Carrascal, where the El Corregidor estate is located, the origin of this wine, is the innermost of the four great Jerez estates. The albariza lands provide the Palomino Fino grown there by Bodegas Luis Pérez and which uses in the production of El Muelle de Olaso that flavorful muscle that distinguishes it.


Luis Pérez El Muelle de Olaso is a white wine made by Bodegas Luis Pérez in Jerez de la Frontera, V.T. Cadiz.

After a long career in the oenological world, especially in the field of research, Luis Pérez started this project in 2002 with the intention of recovering the tradition of red wine in the lands of Jerez. In the Hacienda Vistahermosa farm of 25 hectares, he decides to plant red varieties in 14 of them.

This unique estate is located in the heart of the Jerez vineyard on the high hill of Pago del Corchuelo, with some characteristics that make it unique:

- its high altitude influenced by maritime winds and a specific microclimate.

- the nature of the soil, with calcareous clays with unique gypsiferous marls in the area. The Albariza.

- the planting and driving is aimed at obtaining high quality wines.

Bodegas Luis Pérez has the most modern facilities, designed for the minimum intervention in all processes, in order to obtain wines with the maximum expression of the variety and the land where they are born.

Luis Pérez El Muelle de Olaso is a wine made from Palomino del Pago Carrascal, a vineyard located in the municipality of Sanlucar de Barrameda, very close to the Atlantic Ocean, with the typical soil of Albariza.

The harvest is manual, for two months each cluster is selected at its optimum point. Once in the winery, 80% is fermented in stainless steel tanks and the remaining 20% ​​is left in the sun and fermented in a sherry cask and then aged on lees for 6 months in tank.

He tells this when serving it: The Olaso Wharf was a docking dock for ships that was built in 1911 in Sanlúcar de Barrameda, in Bajo de Guía, the II Marqués de Olaso, then owner of the Seville-Sanlúcar steam line. The dock lasted until 2005, when it was demolished, and with this name the Luis Pérez Winery wanted to perpetuate the memory of it with a white wine from the Land of Cádiz.

Tipo de Vino
Denominación de Origen
VT Cádiz


Click here to leave a review

Customers who bought this product also bought:

Product added to wishlist
Product added to compare.


Due to technical issues we will be closed temporarily.

Thank you.

Have a nice day, Rubén.

We use our own and third party cookies to improve our services and show you advertising related to your preferences by analyzing your browsing habits. If you continue to browse, we believe you accept their use. You can change the settings or obtain more information here.