The cellar Emilio Lustau was founded in 1896 by José Ruiz-Berdejo, a judicial clerk who grew vines on his farm named Nuestra Señora de la Esperanza, in the outskirts of Jerez, where he stored the wines and then sold them to a wide variety of export wineries. He was also warehouseman. In 1940, his son-in-law Emilio Lustau Ortega relocated the cellar to the old quarter of Santiago, and would not be until 1950 when they would pass from warehouses to the category of "Exporters of wines of Jerez".
From the 80s, under the direction of Rafael Balao, it became one of the most innovative companies in Jerez. In 1990 the fate of Emilio Lustau S.A. change when passing into the hands of the company Luis Caballero S.A., giving them the possibility of development and expansion.
Proof of this is the acquisition in 2001 of the Los Arcos winery complex. In 2008, it acquired four of the most distinctive brands in the history of Jerez wine: La Ina, Botaina, Rio Viejo and Viña 25. Bodegas Lustau, sells more than forty wines, which come from wineries located in the three towns that make up the Jerez area: El Puerto de Santa María, Jerez de la Frontera and Sanlúcar de Barrameda.
They have an impressive cathedral winery, called Las Cruces, owned by an old Scottish family, Los Makensy, and which host the boots of the famous wine, La Ina. Spanish sherry, you can buy it at Bodegas Andalucia, get closer to the most characteristic wine of Andalusia.